2011 27" i5 Imac CPU sits at 25% when idle?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iloveimac, Jun 27, 2011.

1. iloveimac macrumors newbie

Hi

I have not long had my Imac annd i have noticed that after boot, with no apps what so ever running the CPU is still showing (via istatpro) CPU usage at 25%

Erm, well this obviously isn't right, but I don't know what to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. simsaladimbamba

3. iloveimac thread starter macrumors newbie

Well thanks for the reply....I did have a look....the dock is coming up at 100%?????? Not too sire what I am supposed to do about that? Please have a look at the screenshot attached :)

4. simsaladimbamba

The Dock process includes the Dashboard, maybe take some widgets of the Dashboard to see, which may be the culprit.

5. bclk55 macrumors newbie

It's probably coming from your vm dock folder. What happened is 10.6.8 update somehow screwed up parallels vm dock folder to utilized 100% of the CPU. You will have to disable it in your vm settings.

Here's the link for the instructions.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_...ter-os-x-10.6.8-update-for-parallels-6-users/

6. iloveimac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all your help guys....@bclk55, i think you were right, I wish i had waited a bit longer before calling Applecare and being told to do an erase and install, I have yet to reinstall Parallels, thanks for the heads up.......thanks for all your help!!