2011 27' iMac gaming abilities

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thankins, Aug 3, 2011.

1. thankins macrumors 6502

How are the gaming abilities of the new iMacs? I had a 2009 model and it played BF2 at a decent frame rate but was curious how the 2011 model was. I am out of the loop on video cards so I thought i would ask you guys

Also how does the 1 TB and 256 SSD drive in the new machines work? Does it just see it as one drive?

2. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

3. kvab macrumors newbie

Try cloudgaming www.onlive.com
    Works really awesome.
    And no need for new better hardware

4. Nightarchaon macrumors 65816

Nightarchaon

if onlive was a subscription service (pay xxx a month play as many games as you want) i would have no problem with it.

however

the idea of paying FULL RETAIL PRICE for a cloud game, that, should onlive cease to exist tommorow for whatever reason, i then can no longer access, makes it a non-starter for me.

If it was like steam, where you donwloaded the game to your own system, so you could then choose to run it offline using your own hardware, as well as online using the onlive servers then i would be interested.

as it is, im not paying for a product that could be revoked at anytime with no notice.

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

For What It's Worth

I posted a similar thread about games on I could play on my new iMac. Most replies I got seemed to think that to play anything decent ( even though my iMac is high spec) is to use bootcamp and install Windows.

This seems to be true, as very few decent game titles are available from the mac app store yet.