2011 Hyundai Sonata & iPhone sync

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GadgetGeek71, Jul 30, 2010.

1. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

Anybody out there own a 2011 Hyndai Sonata and are having problems syncing their iPhone 3GS with the car? I've synced my wife's Android with no problems, but I can't get my iPhone to sync. I know it's a fairly easy thing to do, but for some reason, I JUST CAN'T GET IT TO PAIR!!! :mad:

Sorry for yelling but, this is very frustrating.

Any help would be apreciated.

2. jmcn72 macrumors newbie

I have the 2011 Limited and have paired both the 3GS and 4 with no problems. Not sure if your stereo is the same. I have the infinity with touchscreen nav. Have you tried any of the Hyundai forums?

3. CheesePuff macrumors 6502

What is the error you are encountering?

I have the 2011 SE with navigation package and synced with my old 3GS just fine.

4. GadgetGeek71 thread starter macrumors 6502

I too have the Limited (red) and for some reason, it will not pair. It asks for the passcode, I enter the code...and nothing. I've made sure everything is set up correctly, but nothing works.

I'll keep trying.

5. Nokaoi macrumors regular

Nope

I drive a 2010 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4 and Ford sync is amazing! The bluetooth and line-in sync is instantaneous!

U mad?:D

6. GadgetGeek71 thread starter macrumors 6502

Got it! I ended up un-pairing my wife's 3G Slide and paired my iPhone, then paired her phone. I remember I had the same problem with 2 different BT headsets.

WHEW! :D

Thanks everyone!

7. shehan macrumors newbie

I find this comment amusing since SYNC technology is a proprietary Microsoft system that Ford licenses from them. You;d think when you try and pair it the system would have an automatic message telling you to wait and get a windows 7 phone when the come out next year. ;)

8. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

It works with my 2009 Hyundai Genesis 4.6. That said I think the 2011 Sonota is a nice car with great gas mileage and of course comes in manual!

Good luck with the sync!

9. aohus macrumors 68000

nice car. pic?

10. GadgetGeek71 thread starter macrumors 6502

11. aohus macrumors 68000

12. GadgetGeek71 thread starter macrumors 6502

I test drove the 3.8T and it was sick! I would put that car up against a number of higher performance (stock) cars any day. It's too much for my wife.

13. aohus macrumors 68000

of course, the genesis should be compared to higher performance cars. i was in the market for a car, was choosing between the genesis / audi / bmw

i ended up going bmw 335i. genesis is a killer ride though.

14. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

I have a 2010 Tucson, the new body style, I had this issue with it. I could try 6 times and it would forget it, or connect once then not again. Then finally one time it would do pair fine and be good. One day I noticed a crack on the plastic of my iphone and got a warranty replacement. The new phone never had one problem pairing. i could do it time after time after time and it would do it fine.

I think there was something wrong with either the phone hardware or the software.

just beware that if you restore your phone or something that causes you to have to re-pair, you might have this issue again.

15. gimpydude macrumors newbie

I had the same problem with my 2011 Sonata SE with Navigation and an iPhone 3GS

I finally got it to work after it had timed out multiple times. The trick to get it to work was................ restarting my iPhone 3GS :)

16. Diver33 macrumors newbie

HI Folks,

We just recently purchased a 2012 Tuson and successfully paired 2 iphone 3gs, but after sync none of the contacts transferred over. I thought about the issue and i think the reason is because both phones sync contacts with gmail therefore the contacts aren't sitting on the phones local memory. Whats interesting thou is when there is an incoming call it will display the proper contact w/ name, but i guess that could be because its getting that directly from the phone.

Well I was wondering if anyone ran into this problem and found a work around for gmail synced contacts?

Thank You ahead of time