2011 iMac Crashing

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jdalbert, Sep 8, 2011.

1. jdalbert macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have owned my iMac since June of this year and am loving it. I updated to Lion the day it came out and everything has worked flawlessly since then until yesterday. I was surfing the internet in Safari when all of a sudden my network connection appeared to stop working (webpages wouldn't load). After about 30 seconds of this, the screen turned grey and told me to restart by holding down the power button. I did so and continued on my way. The same issue then occurred again about 30 minutes later. Once again, I restarted and everything was fine for the rest of the evening. Fast-forward to tonight, and again everything was working fine when all of a sudden the network connection appeared to go down and 30-60 seconds later the screen went grey again. I have not installed any new hardware or software in the past few days (or weeks for that matter). I have attached the error message/log that appeared each time after I restarted my computer. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Attached Files:

2. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

i can't speak for osx lion...but i know for other versions of osx it's best to write in your dns servers (stops slow page loads ect)

example (im using leopard,but guessing similar)

-system pref
    -network
    -(unlock lock on bottom left if not unlocked)
    -airport
    -advanced
    -dns
    -+ and add your isp dns server numbers (do + twice)
    -ok
    -apply

ps: if you dont want to use your own dns servers,verizon or google,or open dns all work great

example 4.2.2.1 / 4.2.2.2