2011 iMac Graphics/Performance problems!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Jae Hokes, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Jae Hokes macrumors regular

So i just got my iMac only in May and it was working beautifully, i kerp it extreme clean, nothing on my desktop, only one application running at a time, etc etc - i play Starcraft 2 and lately after a few game my computer starts to hiccup and really slow down graphics wise and processing wise in general, itll freeze for 5 seconds then move then hiccup etc - everythingbelse on the comp wirks fine like safari blah blah but this is starting to worry me why could this be happening?

2. EricT43 macrumors regular

There is a known issue that Blizzard is working on with stuttering graphics in SC2 on the Mac. Quite a few people have reported it, including myself. If you go to the BattleNet Mac support forum you will see some posts about it. I occasionally have the same issue, but it's not that often. I find that a reboot usually fixes it, and some other people have reported the same. Some folks just run SC2 under Windows in BootCamp as a workaround. It hasn't been that bad for me, so I still run it in OS X.

Hopefully Blizzard will figure out what's causing it and release a patch to fix it...

3. Jae Hokes thread starter macrumors regular

I appreciate the help man thanks i was about to start lugging my computer in to apple for this thanks again