2011 iMac Graphics/Performance problems!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Jae Hokes, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Jae Hokes macrumors regular

Jun 12, 2011
    So i just got my iMac only in May and it was working beautifully, i kerp it extreme clean, nothing on my desktop, only one application running at a time, etc etc - i play Starcraft 2 and lately after a few game my computer starts to hiccup and really slow down graphics wise and processing wise in general, itll freeze for 5 seconds then move then hiccup etc - everythingbelse on the comp wirks fine like safari blah blah but this is starting to worry me why could this be happening?
  2. EricT43 macrumors regular

Oct 5, 2011
    There is a known issue that Blizzard is working on with stuttering graphics in SC2 on the Mac. Quite a few people have reported it, including myself. If you go to the BattleNet Mac support forum you will see some posts about it. I occasionally have the same issue, but it's not that often. I find that a reboot usually fixes it, and some other people have reported the same. Some folks just run SC2 under Windows in BootCamp as a workaround. It hasn't been that bad for me, so I still run it in OS X.

Hopefully Blizzard will figure out what's causing it and release a patch to fix it...
  3. Jae Hokes thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 12, 2011
    I appreciate the help man thanks i was about to start lugging my computer in to apple for this thanks again