2011 imac Help with specifications

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dannywaugh1, Jun 23, 2011.

1. dannywaugh1 macrumors member

Hey all!

Looking to buy myself a imac mainly to be used for video and photo editing and as a main computer(the move from pc to mac etc)and all other computer stuff.

The thing is I cannot decide on what CPU or GPU to chose, iv been looking on the apple site for just over 2 weeks trying to decide what specification to chose and also doing research into mac etc. Ram is not a issue because I know that can be upgraded in the future if needed.
    I cannot seem to work out myself if I will need to extra power in the future, yes I know it will be good for the future but is it worth it for a 1st mac computer?

Specs so far:

27-inch iMac
    3.1GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
    or
    3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 extra £160

4GB ram
    1TB HDD

AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1GB
    or
    AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB extra £80

Thanks in advance for your help guys also how did you find the switch from pc to mac?

2. BlindSoul macrumors 6502

I'm quite sure you'll live great without these upgrades. And the normal specs will be enough for you for quite a long time, But if you can afford these upgrades then surely upgrade. It all depends in your budget.

3. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

In my opinion, get the best one you can afford. Go for the i7 with all the trimmings.

4. dannywaugh1 thread starter macrumors member

thank you both for the advice going to have anther look on the apple site now to see what i can do and also look on here any tip and trick to switching from pc to mac.

5. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

This link will help guide you through the main things when switching from PC to Mac.

http://www.apple.com/support/switch101/