2011 iMac Internet running slow in Windows 7 using Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by AnDi86, May 15, 2011.

1. AnDi86 macrumors 6502

So I got a shiny new iMac... love it, wanted to install Windows for some games, and university work. So I used bootcamp.

Ran into a problem where the internet is incredibly slow (10-30Kb/s) under windows but in the OS X it runs as fast as it should arround 350Kb/s

Bootcamp drivers are up to date, the network cards are the latest out.

Anyone else run into this problem? I tried googling it but to no avail, tried some other modified drivers that had been suggested.. didnt fix the problem...
    Also it's not the WEP thing mentioned in this forum already!

2. alexpotter macrumors newbie

alexpotter

It may be your internet connection. Press the CMD key and R and type 'CMD' without the quotes. Then type ipconfig and hit Enter. This should tell you your current connection status to the network. :)

3. AnDi86 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not the internet connection, when I use an ethernet cable from the router, it works like a treat... it seems to be something with wireless card under windows.

4. ambaris87 macrumors newbie

Bump,

because after installing windows 7 on my brand new iMac I too am experiencing some serious slowness. The internet isnt as bad as that all the time for me but all somewhat menial tasks are. When I was copying files over from a game (witcher 2 7.8 gigs) it ran extremely slow (2-6mb/s compared to the old speed of upwards of 20mb/s) and while that was transfering my firefox browser was super slow could barely load web pages.

HELP!

5. shortcut3d macrumors 65816

The 2011 Macs should try the Broadcom drivers. I've seen post where this helped both wired and wireless performance.