2011 iMac now or wait for Lion?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by azax456, May 6, 2011.

  1. azax456 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 6, 2011
    Location:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    #1
    I have my credit card out and ready to purchase a new iMac but I don't know if now is a good time. If I buy the iMac now and Lion comes out in say 2 months will I be required to purchase Lion at full price if I want it? I know with PC's they always advertise with the purchase that you can upgrade to the new OS at no charge. Thanks for the help!
     
  2. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #2
    If you buy now, you most likely have to buy Lion at full price. If you wait till WWDC and buy after that, you may be eligible for up-to-date promo which means you can buy the upgrade for 10$ (assuming there will be more details on Lion in WWDC).
     
  3. trip1ex macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2008
    #3
    Yes you pay full price.

    So you buy now and pay up to another $100 in July if you want or wait. Simple as that.

    Might not be July could be August or later. And price could be much less if it delivered through app store given the discounts Apple has on its other software offered via the app store.
     
  4. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

    bobbleheadbob

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2007
    Location:
    Massachusetts
    #4
    Now, now, now, now, now!


    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can accomplish today." Winston Churchill
     

Share This Page