Price Advice 2011 iMac Trade-in

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by police340, Dec 11, 2013.

1. police340, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013

police340 macrumors regular

Hello,

I am thinking of trading on my 2011 27: iMac, this is what i have: Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7. Through Apple website they are offering me on trade-in $935.I would like to upgrade to latest iMac 3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz with 3TB fusion drive.

Do you think this is a reasonable offer? Thanks much. My iMac is in good shape. I am not crazy about selling on Craigslist. Thanks much, Bill

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc. You can also check the Apple refurbished store to see what similar models are selling for.

3. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Apple does not offer a trade-in program, your are probably confusing their recycling program with a trade-in.

4. police340 thread starter macrumors regular

On their website, they have a recycling program based on the value of what you are giving them. If you are getting a gift card to use at the Apple Store, it is still a trade-in, is it not?

5. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Apple themselves call it a the Apple - Recycling Program. I'm not going to argue over semantics when it's clear what Apple calls it. Here is a link to the site:

https://www.apple.com/recycling/

Even the URL has the word recycling in it.

6. police340 thread starter macrumors regular

Semantics or not, if they are you giving you $900 bucks for what you send them, its cash for a used product. I like that!

7. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Except you could get more than that by selling it yourself. You may get around $1300 - $1400 by doing so because it's an custom built iMac with i7. Only it depends on whether you are willing to do it or not.