2011 Mac mini + flash = not good.

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by WilliamG, Jul 21, 2011.

1. WilliamG macrumors G3

I don't know what is going on here, but from my initial testing with the Mac mini, either connected to a projector or into my iMac (target display), the 2.5Ghz Mac mini is having some real trouble with Flash in full screen. Dropped frames everywhere.

This is in 1080p, full screen. It seems to have less trouble in a window, but considering my 2010 base Mac mini had no trouble with Flash in 1080p, this is worrisome...

e.g. this link runs terribly on the mini:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagn8Wrmzuc&ob=av2e

Anyone else experiencing troubles? Curious if the base 2011 mini has issues with the Intel 3000HD.

2. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

That's a lion/flash issue. There's an article on the front page.

3. Nanker/Phelge macrumors regular

Rumor is there is a laundry list of problems with everything Adobe on Lion...may want to have a look at some of the coverage to see if this applies

4. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

+1

This is why I like letting others beta test for me :D

5. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

I can't remember where I read it, but I believe this version of 10.7 does away with hardware acceleration for flash...that coupled with the HD3000's lackluster performance out of the box could be the cause.

6. WilliamG thread starter macrumors G3

Well I hear you, but my mini has the Radeon. :)

7. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

You could try different versions of flash (older versions) otherwise you'll probably have to wait for an update.

8. VeganHipster macrumors regular

You can type in this link. Once you get there, paste in the link of the youtube video you want to watch. It then plays it in HTML5. Only sometimes works, though... Hope this helps you!

http://neosmart.net/YouTube5/

Mind you, this is obviously not a permanent solution. Guess I am going to have to wait even longer to get a Mac Mini until Adobe fixes this problem. Seriously, what have they been doing the past couple of months? Didn't apple release a version of Lion a couple of months ago so people could update their software to work with it?

9. TheRdungeon macrumors 6502

+1, I never ever get the first of anything Apple OS wise, bit of a problem seeing as thats all you can run on the new mini at the mo though