2011 macbook air see through trackpad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by law0915, Aug 4, 2011.

1. law0915 macrumors member

I just noticed this on my trackpad in certain lighting...I'm not sure if it just appeared or it's because of the lighting. Can anyone confirm that their 11" has the same thing? It is about 2 days old.. Please advise.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/photottt.jpg/

2. PeterKG macrumors 6502

Sometimes these things come from factory dirty. Every new Mac I buy needs to be cleaned. Sometime things like you show, or that look like scratches will wipe off using Goo Gone

3. law0915 thread starter macrumors member

It look like the parts are showing through it though. Towards the middle there is also a cross like blemish showing through. It would not wipe off with my fingers.

4. unixperience macrumors regular

clean it with a little rubbing alcohol on a cloth. that's what I do when its really dirty. but it dries super fast (so even if you use too much.. assuming the comp is off, it won't be a big deal, since it still evaporates quickly).

5. law0915 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the advice. I will delete the thread if this works. I just kind of freaked out. I already exchanged the 13in for the 11in with the specs I wanted..samsung monitor and display so I hope it is not faulty or a quality control imperfection.

6. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Is it just me, or does a completely transparent illuminated trackpad seem kind of cool?

7. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Only if what's underneath it looks cool. lol If it's boring underneath then there's no point.:p

8. law0915 thread starter macrumors member

I took this to the apple store and they suggested replacing it rather than repair the trackpad as it could be something underneath that's a cosmetic defect.