2011 Macbook, Crazy vlc problem!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by croftdj, Apr 10, 2011.

1. croftdj macrumors newbie

I have a problem with my new 15inch 2011 macbook pro playing vlc videos. At the top of all my mkv files I get a weird distorted set on lines. These lines do not appear on my 2010 macbook air, and it is running the same version of vlc. I have downgraded the versions and that does not help. The files will play in quicktime with out the lines, however, I am sure that the sound and picture suffer in quicktime. I have tried about 15 of my files all the same problem I even download a new one just to be sure....same problem

So my question is can anyone help me before I have to return it?

2. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

I think I saw another thread saying the same thing. My 2011 doesn't have that issue - I have a different GPU.

3. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

Return the computer for a software bug? If you are in your 14 days, try returning it in-case this is somehow related to hardware. If you are outside your 14 days good luck returning it. Also

Why do you think this? is it not running well in quicktime or do you have a biased against quicktime?

4. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

5. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

6. croftdj thread starter macrumors newbie

Why do you think this? is it not running well in quicktime or do you have a biased against quicktime?[/QUOTE]

I do not mind quicktime at all, but you can tell that it is not the same once you play the files in quicktime and I do not know why or what quicktime does but it is not the same.

7. croftdj thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you

I went to your page and found MPlayerX. This works fine and it removed the lines. I do not think it is a problem with the macbook, and thus why I will not return it. I am sure it is something with vlc.

8. Srirama macrumors member

Have you tried MplayerX,Damn good player,played some videos vlc had trouble with.

9. cvs macrumors member

cvs

10. Yellow 13 macrumors member

i use perian for Quicktime and it works great (vlc enabler)

11. t0rr3s macrumors 6502

t0rr3s

another vote for mplayerx. i had tried movist too, but it sucked balls after a bit.