2011 Macbook Pro 13" Heat Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NttDocomo, May 5, 2011.

1. NttDocomo macrumors member

Hi I just bought a 2011 Macbook Pro 13" two weeks ago and have been very happy with it. I usually plug it with power and output to a 23" LED monitor. The laptop is close and at times the Apple light turns on and the fan also turns on. I can feel that the battery part is really hot so I turn off and let it rest. Sometimes I also plug with power and use it at coffee shop. In this case, the battery part also gets hot and I can feel the heat as I type. This happens especially when I plugged my phone with the macbook to charge the phone.

Anyone experience the same with their 2011 Macbook Pro or it could be something wrong with my system? Thanks for your help and comment. :)

2. GGJstudios, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011
  3. zwodubber macrumors 6502a

Don't worry, you'll be fine. My 2011 i5 under a heavy load.

[​IMG]

4. NttDocomo thread starter macrumors member

wow I am surprise to see this.

Thanks for all the help. I downloaded the iStat program and found that the highest temp is around 40 to 50 degree C. I thought that's not normal and worry that it will hurt the inside components.

I will try to put my macbook with more load and see if the temp goes up even higher. I am surprise macbook has such high temp as I never experienced this type of heat when using other brands of laptop! :(

5. brentsg macrumors 68030

40-50C is nothing, honestly.

Most likely you never bothered to measure the temps of your other laptops. You'd be surprised...

You now have a GPU/CPU combo in one die, as well as turbo automatically over clocking cores as well. Both will tend to yield higher temps.

6. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

Under load you're going to see temps 80+ celsius.