2011 Macbook pro 15 charging problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by inderrs, Mar 3, 2011.

1. inderrs, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011

inderrs macrumors newbie

So i just got my MBP in today, I charged my battery to 100% then played Starcraft for a while and my battery was at 15% so i plugged in the charger. After about an hour i notice the indicator on the charger was green and i was thinking wow that was a fast charge, so i take a look at the battery and its at 15%. While i was playing Starcraft the battery didn't charge at all, it would go down to 14% start charging then stop charging at 15% then start charging again at 14% and it cycled like that for some time. So after i was done playing and closed out of Starcraft then the battery started charging. Anyone else have this problem? any solutions?

2. inderrs thread starter macrumors newbie

3. T-bag Guest

This "issue" has been discussed before. When you play games on the MBP gpu and cpu require a lot of power - sometimes even more than the powercable adapter is capable of giving. Thats why the battery doesn't charge (it may even be used) while gaming. Nothing to worry about as long as the battery drained while plugged is a very small amount, and as long as it recharges fine when the computer is idleing.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are times when your system needs more power than the AC adapter alone can provide, so it draws on battery, as well as AC. If the game was producing such a need, it would account for not charging while playing. Otherwise, read the following link, especially the section on CHARGING for troubleshooting. Also, be sure to calibrate your battery (instructions in the link, as well)

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

5. inderrs thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank You

6. inderrs thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank You