2011 macbook pro 15" Hard drive noise

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nathanf126, Jul 9, 2011.

1. nathanf126 macrumors newbie

Hey, I bought a 2011 Macbook pro almost a week ago. Its the 2.0ghz base model. Only recently I have noticed that the hard drive makes a low clicking noise occasionally along with a constant wind noise. I have found a video that is almost accurate to mine included. Is this sound normal?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChX8d1bFWwY

2. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

It's under a week old, bring it back. The hard drive will click when parking the heads for sleep but I'm assuming your talking about while running.

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

The click is probably the sudden motion sensor parking the heads, especially if it happens when moving the computer.

4. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

If its doing it constantly, nonstop, every second, then its a problem. However, if its about once every minute or couple of minutes, then thats normal.

5. nathanf126 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah its when it running, it does it every couple of seconds and its like a niose kind of like dragging a piece of metal down the street for a bit then it clicks. When its sitting on a flat table it does it to so its not the sudden motion sensor. I live far away from the nearest apple store so i will hopefully bring it back soon to get looked at but i was just curious if it was worth the trip. Thanks for your replies though.