2011 macbook pro cd drive problem..Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tx26257, Jul 11, 2011.

1. tx26257 macrumors member

Well i just got my MacBook in today from UPS and at first the CD drive would not take a disk with out spitting it out. It has now taken it in but does not read it or can it be remove. I am not sure what to do i have scheduled a call with apple tech support. I hope I dont already have to send my macbook pro. I live 6 hours from the closest apple store.

2. tx26257 thread starter macrumors member

i have tried the eject key and reboot while holding in touchpad. I can hear it during the reboot trying to eject. Crap i dont want to ship it back

3. randomrazr macrumors 65816

have u tried ANOTHER CD or DVD? it could be jsut the one...

and during start up, the CD drive ALWAYS makes a noise, its normal...

4. tx26257 thread starter macrumors member

You don't understand I can't use another cd/DVD since the first one I put in won't eject or read so another one wont fit

5. tx26257 thread starter macrumors member

Ok I have searched through allot of post and tried rebooting while pushing in track pad and tried eject. Under warranty repair is it only done through apple store or would they use a auth dealer in town or best buy. It took 11 days for this one to come I really don't want to wait another 11 days plus there turn around for a lap top I have had for a total of 5 hrs

6. randomrazr macrumors 65816

hmm, have u tried to hit the eject key when its normally running?

or goingto finder and click the eject button beside the name of the disc?

if nothing u try wont work

call apple care.

since u JUST got this, and assuming they cant help you, request replacement since ur under 14 days