2011 MacBook Pro help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DReynolds86, Nov 14, 2011.

1. DReynolds86 macrumors newbie

Hello all,
    Recently I spilled water on my 2011 13" MacBook Pro. I immediately took the back off, dried it out with paper towels and let it dry overnight. When I rebooted it, it turned on and everything seemingly worked normally except for:

Computer would not go to sleep when it was closed (could do it manually by hitting the power button)
    Keyboard backlighting was not working/LED on MagSafe was not working
    Display would "flicker" upon start-up and wake from sleep
    The computer said that a battery wasn't present and it was running on AC power

Tonight I was on it and it just...died. Like it ran out of juice. I had it plugged in to the MagSafe and now the keyboard backlighting is working, the little LED on the MagSafe is working and it responds when I open the clamshell. However, it won't start now even with it plugged in. Should I just let it go until the LED goes green and try from there? Or should I install a new battery and try that? And if so, what's the part number so that I can snag one on Amazon? Thanks for your help.

2. Sdreed91 macrumors 6502

if it is the recent refreshed model. I would take it in to apple. It sounds like you might have fried some circuits. best of luck

p.s even if you purchased it awhile ago i would take it to apple anway

3. DReynolds86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Update - the LED on the adapter says that the computer is fully charged but it won't start. If I hit the power button, I hear the DVD drive "whirr" like a normal start-up but I don't get the start-up chime or anything. It's just odd that it would die all of a sudden like that.

4. windowstomac macrumors regular

If Apple won't help, perhaps consider claiming on your home contents insurance...