2011 MacBook pro max ram

Jedii

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
Hii.

I've read about that they officially support 8GB, has any real person had one with 16GB working? I don't see why they won't support 16GB,

Anyone?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I've read about that they officially support 8GB, has any real person had one with 16GB working? I don't see why they won't support 16GB,
They do support 16GB. You can find specs on all Apple products, including maximum RAM:

Jedii

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
yes 16 works

Thanks a bunch buddyz,

----------

They do support 16GB. You can find specs on all Apple products, including maximum RAM:
That's awesome, thanks so much!

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
Hii.

Anyone?
I have it in my late 2011 works great!

Jedii

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
is there an overly huge difference going from 8-16gb?

Well,simply put - i want a macbook with OSX, and i want to be able to continue my Windows 7 stuff etc, which requires a lot of RAM for what i do, loads of virtualization etc.

Although i may run Parallels hmm. nested VM's etc.

JTyler82

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2011
Well,simply put - i want a macbook with OSX, and i want to be able to continue my Windows 7 stuff etc, which requires a lot of RAM for what i do, loads of virtualization etc.

Although i may run Parallels hmm. nested VM's etc.
Got it. I had 16GB on my Asus G74 and it flew. I could totally tell a difference. But since I'm a new Mac user now, I don't really know how stuff compares. I did notice throwing a SSD in my MBP as apose to my Asus, was way faster