2011 MacBook Pro not charging properly

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Derdles, May 9, 2018.

1. Derdles macrumors newbie

Derdles

so I’m currently having problems getting my 2011 mbp 15” to charge, I have just replaced the battery and mag safe connector as these were creating issues. Now when I plug it in the charge light only shows up with a faint green, not even recognising that it’s charging. I have tried turning it on and nothing happens, I have been trying to find answers on other forums but haven’t been able to find the root of the problem, can someone here help me?

2. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

Do you mean that you replaced the magsafe board -- the connector inside the MBPro?
    If so, then likely you also need to replace the charger, as the dim green LED can be one of the symptoms of a faulty magsafe charger.
    Or, if you replaced the charger, but not the magsafe board, then that's your next step.

3. Derdles thread starter macrumors newbie

Derdles

Yes I replaced the MagSafe board and the charger and still only has a dim green light

4. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

The dim green LED can still be a faulty power adapter, particularly if you went "on the cheap" and bought a generic adapter. Be sure to try a third, if possible.
    If you have already done that as a test, then you only have one item left, where everything ultimately connects -- the logic board.