Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewface

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2006
I have an early 2011 MacBook Pro and had the logic board changed through Apple's recall program in late 2015. Now in 2017 I am having the same issue where the computer will not boot and I fear it's the logic board again. For the past 2 weeks I haven't been able to turn it on. After hitting the power button it makes the internal machine sound but the screen remained blank and it wouldn't go to the Apple chime white screen. I went to the genius bar and they said this computer is now "vintage" and gave me a swift kick in the ass out of the door. I was pretty mad since the "defective" board seemed to last longer than the new one which was supposed to be a fix for the defect. So in a last ditch effort I took it to the local computer repair shop to see if it could be repaired and out of no where it turned on and started working again. I'm pretty confused so I figured I would post this experience and see if anyone else has encountered anything like this. Hopefully it keeps on working! Thanks for listening.

Sanpete

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2016
Utah
I've read of other flaky replacements under the repair program, but not that came back to life. Hope it holds out for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.