2011 Macbook Pro Starcraft II Freezes On and Off

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Slacker101, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Slacker101 macrumors newbie

Whenever I play Starcraft II through bootcamp (only way I've tried it) it constantly freezes for a split second then resumes and so on. No matter what settings I have the game on the fps drops and it occurs. Any ideas as to what I should do?

2. TWR Motorsport macrumors member

3. Slacker101 thread starter macrumors newbie

I want to run it from windows though, that's why I have it installed there.

4. mansanas macrumors regular

thats weird, its been crashing on OS for me since the latest patch, but no problems running it on windows bootcamp.

5. Gwenaduh macrumors newbie

Answer

For me it's a mixed of both. It works on windows fine ( i get somes freezes once every 10 min. but that's acceptable). But in OS X 10.7.2 it's nearly unplayable (i get a micro-freeze every 2 sec.) since they patched it. When it was still playable i didn't noticed any performance drop between windows 7 and mac os x 10.7.2 so I'll sugest you to install it natively as Motorsport sad. Give it a try, maybe it won't freeze there.

6. Chasel macrumors newbie

7. Slacker101 thread starter macrumors newbie

Core Parking?

8. WestC07 macrumors newbie

Blizzard's 1.4 update messed up SC2 performance on many machines, Mac and PC combined. Most users reported extreme frame drops with even the slightest graphical intensities such as warping in units or getting into a larger battle.

I used to be able to run SC2 on high pre-1.4 now I have to run it with everything on low except for textures are on medium.

Blizzard acknowledged this problem within hours of release and within the week released the 1.4.1 update but most people reported that 1.4.1 either didn't fix the problem or even made it worse. Just keep an eye out on the battle.net forum as Blizzard is excellent with their community support and will often post updates with patch statuses.

9. DeadPixel217 macrumors member

My guess is it'll have something to do with boot camp itself. Remember the hardware is designed to run OS X. Why do you need boot camp to run SC2? I can run it full settings after running it in OS X and can't see any major differences between the gameplay..