2011 MacBook Pro Trackpad Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kate6425, May 9, 2011.

1. Kate6425 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,
    Can someone please tell me if the trackpad on the 2011 MacBook Pro clicks? Do you just press your finger down (like on an iPad) to click on something, or do you have to click like on a mouse? (I know that it is just one solid piece of glass and does not have a legit button like a PC.)

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Just "Vinnie" macrumors member

The whole trackpad is a physical button. Mine seems to be easier to click towards the front. Still can't get used to how loud it seems though.

You can use "tap to click" but it will have some lag depending on how that option is configured.

4. kobyh15 macrumors 6502a

As said above, you can change settings to "Tap to Click" or you can physically click the trackpad down to select something. I use "Tap to Click" personally.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

As mentioned, it physically presses like a mouse button. It's not hard to get used to (I tend to use my index finger to move the pointer and my thumb to click; this is the same "layout" that my old 2006 MBP with the separate button used to use).

6. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

I set mine to tap to click also, gets old pressing it when you don't have to.

7. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

I use tap to click as well. Only time I press down is when I want to right click.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

And it's especially annoying to those around you, ie. college library when you're constantly clicking down.. cluck. cluck. pttt. imo, tap to click feature should come on by default :rolleyes:

9. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

You can do either, although I vastly prefer tap to click.

10. Hans Brix macrumors 6502