2011 MacBook Pro Trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kurotome, Apr 3, 2011.

1. kurotome macrumors newbie

Aside from my 2011 MBP trackpad not feeling nearly as smooth and glassy as my 2008 unibody MB, I noticed today that the 2011 MBP trackpad allows me to have up to four fingers contacting the trackpad without recognizing any gestures. My common problem is example 1 below where I am mousing and go to scroll with two fingers, but the trackpad doesn't recognize two fingers and the page does not scroll.

For example:
    1) While mousing with one finger, bringing second finger into contact with the trackpad does not trigger two-finger scroll (despite contacting trackpad with two fingers simultaneously does).

2) While mousing with two fingers (as initiated in example 1), and triggering no gestures, bringing a third finger into contact does not trigger three-finger back/forward function (despite contacting trackpad with three fingers simultaneously does).

3) While mousing with three fingers (as initiated in example 2), and triggering no gestures, bringing in a fourth finger in contact with the trackpad does not trigger four-finger expose features (as it normally would when four-fingers contact trackpad simultaneously.

I do not experience this with my 2008 unibody MB, but can easily accomplish this with my new 2011 unibody MBP.

Is this a bug? Is this a trackpad change?

2. JTSmeed macrumors member

If I understand correctly, I think that there is something amiss with your machine. I tried each of your scenarios and cannot replicate the problem.

3. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Me too, just tried all these as well on my 2011 MBP and it works fine on mine.

4. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

Me 3

5. kurotome, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011

kurotome thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, it's very subtle, it is pretty much tricking the trackpad however that works and it looks like I can replicate it on the 2008 MB. But, because it's definitely easier to do on the 2011 MBP, it is probably true that there is something causing my trackpad to be less sensitive than it should be. Any clues on if Apple gives a crap about a problem like that?

6. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

7. JTToft macrumors 68040