2011 macbook yellow screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BroodRooster, Mar 17, 2011.

1. BroodRooster macrumors member

Hi all,

Got my second replacement today. Opened the box and when i was moving my files i noticed that the new screen is very crap compared to the first one ive got (damaged casing).

Im sick of taking replacements and cant finish my work that way.

http://img402.imageshack.us/i/dsc1728i.jpg/

2. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Let the computer run for 2 days and it should make the adhesives of the glass secure correctly and the yellow will remove (just like the ipads)

3. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

If it isn't an issue with the adhesives.....

What about calibrating the screen? I have never tried this with a MBP, but I have done it with my wife's mac mini.

4. BroodRooster thread starter macrumors member

calibration doesnt work. its an antiglare screen en the first one didnt have this.

5. sdneidich macrumors member

I had a similar problem with my 13 inch. Turns out the diodes were broken, or something. It looked more like a "spotlight" of darkness than yours, which is more of a "fade." sorry, I don't have pictures.

But, if you take it into an Apple Store, they will replace it on the spot if they can't fix it. For mine, they moved the custom parts (hard drive and ram) over to the new unit. And you can make sure the new one works in store, too.

6. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Are both the screens from the same manufacturer? If no, that might partly explain the differences...

I'll bring/send it back to Apple to replace it again. Good luck. :)

7. BroodRooster thread starter macrumors member

Yip both are 9CB7 with same color profile from the same week. Bought it online. So I asked a 3th replacement. The difference is to big to just live with it.