2011 matte screen top considerably darker

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SilverOnemi, Apr 15, 2011.

1. SilverOnemi macrumors member

Hello!

I've purchased my mbp about a month ago, and i've been pretty much hitting on it since then, and i've noticed that the top part of the screen is considerably darker than the lower part of the screen.

i take it this ain't normal?

Attached Files:

2. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

3. roxnadz macrumors regular

Nah, don't think so.

I turned my screen up to see if I had the same issue. I had to squint my eyes it was so bright...from top to bottom.

4. SilverOnemi thread starter macrumors member

whoa thanks!

owell i guess while they're swapping screens they can switch the messy thermal paste that's currently in it for my AS5 and save me the trouble.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

6. SilverOnemi thread starter macrumors member

i meant i have been working with it constantly:p not physically assaulting my mac !

7. madonionrings macrumors member

I have the 9CCD LG screen and notice a flickering while scrolling. Also, there is slight ghosting while moving windows around. The best example is if you have the iChat logo in the dock and magnification enabled. As you scroll over the logo, the inside white has ghosting as it gets smaller / larger and moves left to right.

Does anyone else have these issues? Is this normal and I am just very sensitive and or OCD?

8. dblissmn macrumors regular

I think the vertical viewing angle on the 15 antiglare is narrower than it ought to be. I find myself adjusting the angle of the display more than I did on my early 2008 1440x900 antiglare display. That might explain the unevenness the poster is noticing.