2011 MBA and App Store

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by skcorpio, Jul 27, 2011.

1. skcorpio macrumors newbie

Does anyone notice that the app store lags quite a bit (a lot of beachballs) compared to other applications?

Thanks.

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I think it might be Lion, because it lags a lot loading pages even on my iMac.

3. Nishimare macrumors newbie

Yes , same here , it been like this after upgrading my MBP i5 13" . Other apps works well just this MAS , become not responsive for few sec and sometime hang. Any solutions?

4. foulmouthedleon macrumors regular

foulmouthedleon

The only difference I’ve noticed with Lion and the new MBA is that each web page seems to need to “reload” in that the blue bar always seems to need to go all the way across the page THEN the page loads. I’m attributing this to it being a new OS and not the speed of the computer.

To answer the original question, though, no I haven't really noticed a lag with the App store. Then again I don't do much in there.

5. Kavrocks macrumors newbie

The only thing that is slow for me is the Mac App Store. I only get beachballs when I view the featured page.

6. Catdog12349 macrumors newbie

Same here. At first i thought it was just my internet, but safari and chrome both load much faster than the app store.