2011 MBA Blacklight bleed

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by nnguyen, Aug 11, 2011.

1. nnguyen macrumors newbie

Is this normal? Didnt notice till my bootcamp booted up with black screen

[​IMG]

2. rkahl macrumors 65816

Do you plan on staring at a black screen all the time to see it?

3. PaulWog Suspended

Don't think that's the point.

@OP: I think you may have a problem there. Take it into the Apple store local to you and get them to look at that. Looks like it could be problematic.

4. nnguyen thread starter macrumors newbie

well.. i really dont want it to be replaced..since i have all sammy plus invisibleshield installed :(

My question is will it get worst? and if i wait longer, would apple tell me i cause this. I really dont mind the bleed as long as i don't see it doing regular things.

5. PaulWog Suspended

You do realize that Samsung and LG are no different in terms of the screen. Not noticeably different. And LG was determined to be technically superior.

And as far as Samsung vs. Toshiba go for the SSD... yes... Samsung is better... but you're not going to notice the difference.

But what's the point of having the "superior" screen (if there were one - which there really isn't) if your screen has such a backlight bleeding issue? In an extreme scenario (exaggerating here), it'd be like saying you have the superior screen when you've got a crack in it... it's not too superior with a crack in it is it?

6. rbn macrumors member

you might see it when watching movies or anything that has large black segments. I have it on my ipad and find it annoying. I don't think the bleed gets worse but your feeling towards it might change if you notice it more and more often.

Also in my opinion MBA's shouldn't have bleed so I would get it replaced.

7. jackyyeow macrumors 6502

Sammy or LG, you shouldn't get any bleed like that. My LG has even backlight viewing a full black image full screen, at low brightness the screen should be showing black (my friend's Sammy display is pitch black at 50% and below).

I'd say, bite the bullet and get it replace. Buy another set of invinsible shield, or else you might regret it later. Invinsible shield is so much cheaper than replacing the display panel...

8. Bokes macrumors 6502

My display is darker at the top of the screen and lighter toward the bottom.
    This is very clear on an all black background.
    also, If I crank the brightness- the black looks very washed out.

I'm taking it to Apple tomorrow.

FWIW- My Gen1 verC Mac Air is solid black- top to bottom.

Kinda upset that a newer generation is worse than the 3 year old tech.

9. nnguyen thread starter macrumors newbie

not sure on what has happen, but today i notice a big improvement on the bleeding, can barely see it now, i can only see it when my surrounding is completely dark, even than its barely visible. i have to tip the laptop a little to see it. :) so far im happy, hopefully it gets even better. really don't want to go to the hassle of exchanging.

also i own all the mba revisions ... never had bleed problem on any of them.