2011 MBA have a better touchpad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by tech324, Jul 26, 2011.

1. tech324 macrumors 6502

I heard that the new MBAs have a better touchpad. For those that have/had both 2011 and 2010 MBAs do you notice a difference?

2. TheRealDamager macrumors 65816

Nope. I thought the touchpad on the 2010 was really good, and the 2011 feels the same to me. Interestingly, the 2011 keyboard feels better to me.

3. tech324 thread starter macrumors 6502

The reason I asked is because according to Engadgets review of the 2011 MBA:

"The touchpad, surprisingly. It's still big and glassy and situated in the middle of the full-sized palm rest like on the chunkier Pro. Now, though, it's subtly quieter, with a more refined sound and feel as you click away. The previous generation almost feels hollow and has an annoying resonance that's been banished.

The keyboard above, too, has a better feel. Keys are more springy than before, more solid and responsive than the somewhat loose, flappy ones on the last generation"

4. Blackfalcon7 macrumors newbie

I'm so happy the keyboard's improved. I'm used to the wired apple keyboard with the numpad, and that has the perfect amount of springiness, and I couldn't stand the feel of the 2010's. The new ones are not quite there yet, but they're much better now imo.

5. jomo25 macrumors regular

Haven't tried one yet, but supposedly the click on the '11 touchpad is quieter. And the keyboard is supposedly much improved too.