2011 MBA - No Batteries Available

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by gazzrenn, Dec 31, 2011.

1. gazzrenn macrumors 6502

gazzrenn

Hello there,

I'm not expecting many replies to this tonight since its NYE and all, but this just happened to me and I'm a little worried by it.

The battery in my MBA just ran out, flat... totally dead.

I've gone to plug the magsafe in and boot the MBA up, the LED on the magsafe is green and when the MBA boots up Lion is telling me that there are 'No Batteries Available' and i have an X in the battery indicator at the top of the screen.

It's been plugged in for over 30 mins now and no change...

I've read a few threads on this and some Apple support pages, most start with a suggestion to reset the SMC which I've done (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3964). That didn't fix the problem.

I've gone on to read that people have needed Logic Board replacements and Magsafe charging board replacements to fix this issue...

Surely just running out of battery power shouldn't require any hardware replacement.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Take it to Apple and let them check it out. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

Before you start booking repair appointments, keep it plugged in for at least 36 hours or so and see if it starts charging again. My experience with these batteries is that when they are completely depleted, it takes hours for them to get to 1%. If you still don't have any charge after 48 hours though, I would book an appointment for the Genius Bar.