2011 MBP 13" Charging/Air Vents

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by notjawkee, Apr 3, 2011.

1. notjawkee macrumors newbie

This is my first macbook pro so this is all new to me. I have calibrated my battery and all already. I want to keep my battery as healthy as possible. Should i use all the battery till it shuts off or should i charge it when the warning comes up?
    Also wondering what the 2011 MBP 13" original mAh?

Where exactly are all the air vents?

2. rossmadden, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011

rossmadden macrumors member

Air vents are under the black hinge. If you open you pro up, and turn it around, you'll see a slight gap between the screen and the base of the body.

The battery can be plugged in an out when you need. But every so often, once a week/month, you should run the battery right down until it sleeps, and then charge it back up to 100%

Download istat pro, it have good information on battery health and tempterature etc.

The battery is a 63.5 watt hour battery. So go from there. EDIT : its 5,770mAh

Any other questions?

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You don't have to drain the battery fully every time you use it. Just run on battery when you need to and plug it in while you can. Just make sure you're not plugged in all the time. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
    At the rear of the MBP, near the hinge.

4. notjawkee thread starter macrumors newbie

So what if my mAh is above 5,770? Is this normal?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it's normal.