2011 MBP 13' Water Damage

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hypervish89, Jun 2, 2011.

1. hypervish89 macrumors regular

My 2011 13 inch macbook pro has water damage the logic board looks pretty nasty. I tried keeping it in a bag of rice for two days but it's still dead, it won't turn on...

I already bought another one as it's essential for me to have this laptop, but what should i do with the one that has water damage?

Can I sell it, for how much? Should I part it out?

2. hypervish89 thread starter macrumors regular

3. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

Sell it on eBay. I sold a non-working XBox 360 and was surprised with the $. Start it at $10 for 7 days. My guess, it'll bring $300-$400.

4. Goohfy macrumors regular

Goohfy

I agree just throw it up there for repair or parts, and it should sell for a few hundred.

5. memeo147 macrumors newbie

I have the same wather damage problem and i need to repair my MBP asap... How much did you pay for the new logic board??

6. lindstedt56 macrumors regular

New logic boards are expensive. 500+ Probably more like 700+

7. shaneomac.28 macrumors newbie

shaneomac.28

yeah same problem here...

my 15 macbook pro was on the floor when our washer decided to flood the entire back room. It fried the logic board and I am left with a beautiful albeit dead computer. I too considered buying a new one but then I found this company that specializes in spill damage and specifically logic board issues, going to give them a try. http://www.expertmacrepair.com/ They are offering to repair the logic board and any other components damaged for a flat $680 including shipping...so lets see how it goes.