2011 MBP 13": Wonky waking from sleep.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by soco, Jun 29, 2011.

1. soco, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011

soco macrumors 68030

soco

Edit: Just for the sake of saying it, I searched for something on this and got 6 pages into the results before I decided to post. All apologies if it was on page 7 ;)

Posting this here as I feel it may be an issue with Lion and not necessarily the MacBook Pro I'm using. Of course, if it is an issue with Lion, please disregard this entirely as I'm fine with beta bugs. Edit: Now on GM, still experiencing the issue.

My issue occurs when opening the lid. The computer should wake from sleep, but what happens is, it wakes up for about 3 seconds, then goes to sleep again. I have to wait for the sleep indicator light to completely dim out for at least 3 seconds until I can wake it up again with tactile input.

As usual, any tips are appreciated.

Specs: 2011 13" MBP, Lion DP4 without the update that was issued a while back GM build, InsomniaT installed but disabled. Tried uninstalling InsomniaT and restarting, still an issue. Anything else needed, just ask.

2. hoodyioreth macrumors newbie

I had the exact same problem on the released version of Lion yesterday.

The solution posted at https://discussions.apple.com/message/15693878#15693878 worked for my 2011 MBP SSD i7, viz:

"So turning off 'internet sharing' and 'wake for network access' has seemed to cure the issue "

Hope it works for you also!