2011 mbp 15 high 2.0 cpu w/ high res question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jvmxtra, Mar 4, 2011.

1. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

I already ordered 8 gig of memory.. now that I am reading some reviews of 2.0 vs 2.2, I am getting bit worried.

I want to make sure I can use this laptop for 3 years while maxing out.
    Would this be enough to drive 2 external monitor while close to maxing out 8 gig of ram(running parallels like win7/linux) w/ many tabs open on browser and doing multiple programs...
    I also will have many many terminal and eclipse and xcode and many pdf open..
    But I don't play any demanding games(I only play simple games like P vz Z)..
    I don't do any video editing but also looking to get macromedia development...

I also watch 720 or 1080 movies being streamed from my pc server on it..

Will small amount of video ram and type of video card it is.. can it not handle it?

Is there anyone here who owns mbp 15 basic i5 who uses it for very demanding environment and find it perfectly handling it?(w/ 8 gig of memory of course)..

I just hope video card doesn't become achillie's heels.... Please advise..

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

This computer is geek-benching almost on-par with a Mac Pro. It can do pretty much anything. Your fine! You ordered an awesome machine.

3. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

Kool... I will really stress the machine first 2 weeks to make decision but w/ your comment, I feel bit better now.. thanks!!