2011 MBP Facetime issue.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fel10, Mar 4, 2011.

1. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

So I just called my mom using Facetime. I called her using my new MBP to her MBP. I can see her fine, and she can see me fine for the first 10 seconds, than she says that my feed freezes. So I tried calling her from my iPod, and everything worked fine.

I also tried calling from my MBP to my ipod, and it also worked fine. Anyone know what the problem is???

2. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

Never mind, I think I figured out what the problem was. Instead of me calling my mom, she called me, and everything worked fine. When I tried calling her, my feed would freeze. I think it might have something to do with my internet.

3. crazichik macrumors newbie

4. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

Like 1.5MB Down
    0.16 up

My mom's is like 10MB Down
    1MB up

5. TomCondon macrumors regular

6. crazichik macrumors newbie

I think the reason why u r having problems when u call ur mom and not when she calls u, is bc, and correct me if I'm wrong, but when u call someone using FaceTime, it uses ur upload speed instead of download, and ur upload speed is pretty low. But when ur mom calls u, it works fine bc her upload speed is really good. Makes sense?

7. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Doesn't.

8. crazichik macrumors newbie

Ok, do u have a better explanation then???

9. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

I think both sides use their upload and download bandwidth otherwise how can they see each other simultaneously?

10. crazichik macrumors newbie

Well, than I don't know. I don't this this is a hardware issue. I still think it's a Internet problem.

11. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

I might call Apple support today and see what they say. I hope this is not a hardware problem, cause this would be my 5th replacement in less than a week.