2011 MBP + Lion...waking from sleep issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lowonthe456, Aug 29, 2011.

1. lowonthe456 macrumors 6502

I have this issue when I close the lid...then lift to awake..the screen comes right on for 5 seconds and then goes black....Space bar doesn't wake it and the little LED doesn't "breathe, it stays fully lit.... It takes sometime 15 seconds for it to come back alive.

Am I the only one?

2. DESNOS, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2011

DESNOS macrumors 6502

I get that too on the '08 aluminum macbook running Lion. It's probably a Lion bug. I'm pretty excited for Lion 10.7.3 as that's generally when Mac OS gets most major bugs such as this worked out. I call it a major bug because occasionally for me, the computer never completely wakes up, and I'm forced to force restart.

3. lowonthe456 thread starter macrumors 6502

Lion has largely been a very good .0 release for me. 10.7.1 brought the not finding the network bug....that pisses me off. But the wake from sleep/not finding the network things is really my only gripe.

4. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Had the network bug from day 1 on the .0 release. I'm finally moving back to Snow Leopard tonight since iCloud will work with 10.6.9. A laptop needs an full OS and this iOS/MacOS hybrid is just not cutting it.

5. DESNOS macrumors 6502

Which of course is ridiculous because all the "full OS" features are still there. It isn't even close to an iOS/MacOS hybrid yet. They may get there, but it isn't yet. It's still very much MacOS.

6. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

They should have called it Mac OS X+i. Or OS XI.
    Otherwise known as OS 11.

I also get this issue. It is VERY ANNOYING. I open the lid, it wakes up, and then immediately re-sleeps. I then have to wait the ~20 seconds for the memory to be saved before I can wake it back up :(