2011 MBP not charging

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacMan988, Dec 26, 2013.

1. MacMan988 macrumors 6502a

Hi, I have a late 2011 17" macbook pro. Sometimes even when the charger is plugged in, the indicator light is not lit and the MBP is not charging although the battery icon gets changed. I've attached a screenshot.

[​IMG]

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2pyw18k.jpg

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

How many cycles are on your battery and what is its health? If you're not already doing so, use iStat Pro (free) or iStat Menus ($16) to get accurate readings of battery health and cycles and computer uptime, among many other things. A forum member has posted a copy of iStat Pro that has been "tweaked" to enhance compatibility with Mountain Lion. You can download it here.

For battery, power, or charging issues, you might try resetting the SMC. (PRAM/NVRAM has nothing to do with these issues. Resetting it will not help.)

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. MacMan988 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you for all the information! I used System Information app to get these information.

Health Information:
    Cycle Count: 117
    Condition: Normal

When the problem described in my first post happens, I had to unplug the MagSafe from my MBP and plug it back in to get it behaving normally.