2011 MBP refurbs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gtoddh, Apr 26, 2011.

1. gtoddh macrumors newbie

Does anyone have any ideas how long it will be before the new 2011 MacBook Pros will be available in the Refurbished Mac section of the Apple online store? I would like to wait for a refurb but if it's going to be another 6 months I'd rather go ahead and buy a new one.

Thanks!

(This is cross posted in the Buying Tips and Advice section of the forum also because I wasn't sure where I should put it.)

2. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Asked and answered.

;)

There have been some 13" 2.3 GHz refurbs in the refurb store already.

3. gtoddh thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a 15" so I haven't seen the 13" models, but it's good to know they're showing up already. Guess I just need to keep watching the store every day?

4. Blipp macrumors 6502

Pretty much like a hawk. The chance that you're the only one anxiously awaiting the first 15" refurb to show up is very unlikely. Just check it regularly and hope that you strike at the right time. Keep your credit card handy.

5. gtoddh thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree, I'm sure I'm one of thousands! Do you know if Apple updates the store at specific dates/times or on some regular schedule? I know the store goes down every now and then but I don't know if that's to update stock.

6. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Are you a college student or employee? Did you take a class recently? If so, you likely qualify for student pricing. ($200 off the high end 15 mbp).

Even if you take a non-credit class in basket weaving that's enough.

7. Blipp macrumors 6502

From what I can tell the refurb section appears to dynamically update. If a refurb model becomes available it will appear at that time and not wait for any standard refresh cycle.

8. gtoddh thread starter macrumors newbie

I work for a company that does get a small discount (8% I think) but it's not as much as refurbs are discounted. I might just suck it up and go with a new one.

I just found out that the config I want (entry 15" model with hi-res glossy screen) is not stocked in a local store. They only have the hi-res antiglare 15" models. That takes away my impulse to buy since I'll have to order one anyway so it makes holding out a little easier.