2011 MBP screen problem.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by legreve, Dec 26, 2011.

1. legreve macrumors regular

legreve

Heya..

My MBP is less than a year old. It's the 15" with anti-glare screen.

But now it's beginning to show a kind of white or lighter edge round the entire screen. I'd say it's around 2cm wide vignetting fairly visible when viewing the screen dead on and even more when viewing a bit from the top.
    Also there's a slight bleed through of some kind in the center of the screen where the apple logo is.

I've never dropped the computer or had it crushed by anything so I'm pretty disappointed by this development, considering how expensive it is and the fact that they dare calling it "pro".

So I guess I'll be handing it in for repair or what ever it takes.

Have anyone else noticed this?

Also... If I hand this in for AppleCare, should I put the original hard drive and ram again, or does that not matter?

2. Mark-Technology macrumors member

Hey,

I had a similar problem with my iMac. I was cleaning the screen with a synthetic cloth while the screen was on and I heard a static sound...after that the whole screen was covered with white lines and it was sort of becoming black and white.
    I was really afraid and so I just restarted the computer and it returned back to normal.

Seeing your case, I don't think restarting the computer helped you. You should send it in to Apple.

***Put the original ram and hard drive in and keep your purchased stuff with you. No one knows where your purchased stuff may disappear if your computer has to be replaced/renewed etc.

Regards,
    Mark