2011 MBP screen protector

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by whitehat09, Jul 28, 2011.

1. whitehat09 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,
    I'm a very happy new owner of a 2011 13" i5 MBP. I am kinda paranoid when it comes to scratches and dents for all my electronic devices (cell phone, ipod, laptops) and usually buy a skin like invisibleshield or bestskinsever, plus a screen protector. I have read many posts on this forum saying that the MBP glass screen does not need one. However I have used older non-unibody macbook regulars (a1181), and my experience with those has proven that a screen protector is useful against oils from our skin that accumulate on the keys, and then get rubbed on the screen when the lib is closed. Is this not an issue with the MBP glass screens? I know I can always clean/buff the screen with a microfiber clothe but I guess Im kinda lazy and dont want to have to worry about it.

Thanks for any input

2. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

3. Kentochan macrumors 6502

Kentochan

I use a generic anti-glare screen protector that I got for about $10 on eBay. Doesn't smudge as bad as the glossy, and protects against any accidental scratches. You can notice to keyboard grease just a tiny bit though :\

4. whitehat09 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was hoping to avoid a keyboard clothe like that just because its one more thing I need to remember and not forget. Thanks tho.

5. whitehat09 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea thats kinda what I was thinking of doing. I dont care that the grease gets on the protector, I just dont want it on the real screen.

The skin companies I use (Zagg, bestskinsever) only make protection for the body and not the screen, however you can buy a 'DIY' piece and just cut that down to the right size. I think thats probably what I will do for the screen.