2011 mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Stuart21, Nov 10, 2010.

  1. Stuart21 macrumors member

    Jun 9, 2010
    I have never had a mac before and my ole hp is starting to die on me so I decided I will get me a mac for my next computer. When do they usually have a refresh? I thought i saw somewhere that its every april. Also what kind of changes are we expecting? New processor, SSD, Longer battery life? I'm deciding if I should hold out till then or go ahead and get one? Also I know the back to school special normally starts at the end of may which would take a couple hundred off the laptop.

    Thanks guys
  2. old-wiz macrumors G3

    Mar 26, 2008
    West Suburban Boston Ma
    There are uncounted threads about this already. Try searching or just looking at existing threads.

    Rumors say an update may occur anywhere from tomorrow to next May.

    Rumors say the next MBP will have tetrabytes of main memory, solar powered cover, multiple processors instead of wimpy multiple cores, etc etc
  3. Cathode macrumors regular


    Aug 5, 2008
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I'm holding out for at least a G5!
  4. Stuart21 thread starter macrumors member

    Jun 9, 2010
    Thanks for a serious answer. If you read a thread like this and you can't contribute anything useful why do you waste your time with it? I'm sorry I was looking for a quick answer because I was deciding If I should pull the trigger. Some people on this forum think they are gods gift to earth.
  5. robertbrian23 macrumors member

    Oct 7, 2010
    if you are really serious in pulling the trigger. why not read more of those threads about the MBP 2011 speculations. date, specs, etc... are all really unknown.
    speculation says it will have the sandy bridge processors, may a little GPU upgrade.
    performance + batter life is what is apple's formula so i doubt a super high end spec would come out from an MBP
  6. aimbdd macrumors 6502a

    Dec 10, 2008
    East Cost
    as said... if your serious you should look threw the old threads... to much has been said and debated there to type it all here. Search works wonders. If you don't "need" it now then wait for the update.
  7. old-wiz macrumors G3

    Mar 26, 2008
    West Suburban Boston Ma

    Why don't you do a little homework before posting something that's already been posted multiple multiple times. No one knows when the next MBP is coming out anyway. any "quick answer" is going to be nothing but speculation. And there's no need to call people names either.
  8. rotobadger macrumors 65816


    Sep 18, 2007
    A quick answer? Wow. When I'm looking to dump upwards of a couple thousand dollars on a new laptop, I research like crazy!

    I'd take, um, at least 20 minutes or so to search the forums for some good info.

    That said, I have my 2010 17'' MBP and it's awesome. If you need a computer now, go for it!
  9. mark28 macrumors 68000

    Jan 29, 2010
    I don't think there is an update soon, because Apple already has the best Dual core i7 in the current MBP.
  10. smallnshort247 macrumors 6502a


    Oct 23, 2010
    I'd say now is a safe time to get one BUT if your hp can hold out 6 or less more months, you should. Usually when the next model is around the corner (a month to two months away) websites like mac rumors, tuaw or engadget start posting more detailed rumors. The worst thing I did was buy a 2008 MacBook 30 days before a new model came out. The newer model had better specs and a lower price.(fail on my part). I knew there were rumors about them coming soon but I couldn't wait any longer since it was my first Mac and I wasn't paying for it. Since then I've learned my lesson. I did my homework and held out for a 2010 MacBook Pro i5 and sold the MacBook. I bought it about one month after it was released. If it helps any, I doubt the new model will look any different. Maybe Apple will shock us with a few extra ports or something but the overall look should still be the same. Hope that could help!
  11. RafaCompu macrumors newbie

    Nov 11, 2010
    The Buyer’s Guide suggests not buying because of new updates coming soon. My guess is that apple will have Sandy Bridge on new Macbooks Pro since INTEL is expected to launch them soon. I hope that for January 18 or so we will see them hitting apple stores but who knows.

    My final advice is DO NOT BUY!!!!!

Share This Page