2011 MPB 15 Blue screen at shutdown

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jhao, May 3, 2011.

1. jhao macrumors newbie

I have the mbp 15' 2.2ghz one. At starting up, there is only few seconds on the blue screen; however, at shutting, the MBP stuck at the blue screen and it doens't turn off!

It just goes to sleep with the blue screen and the spinning wheel. I have to press the power button to shut it down. I have performed the repair disk from the installation disk, but no luck, and I even called Applecare for a few times! Everything else on the mbp works perfectly fine. My girlfriend's macbook 2010 never has this kind of problem. I am looking for help on this.:(

2. frankieboy macrumors regular

You can check your log to see if there is a process hanging at shutdown.

A safe-boot might allow you to narrow down the problem to a third-party software item. You can create a new user account and see if the problem shows up when shutting down while logged into it, instead of your regular account.

You might inquire as to what you have changed on the computer that had this issue come up, if it wasn't always showing this issue.

You say you repaired the disk: you might try that again. Use a tool to clear caches and repair permissions. Also use a tool to check the drive for bad blocks.