2011 Outlook update?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wayneholbrook, Mar 26, 2011.

?

Whcih email program do you perfer to use?

1. Apple Mail

47.8%
  2. Outlook 2011

39.1%
  3. Other?

13.0%
  1. wayneholbrook macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

Good morning everyone, correct me if I am wrong but since this product came out last year there has not been an update. What gives? I'm still waiting on better Ical sync and a mess of other updates.

Any word on when an update is coming?

Also since I went from Apple Mail to outook, I had a few issues when I would send out mail the other party never recieved it. It did show on my end that it was sent. Anyone else having any issues with that or any other issues?

When 2011 Outlook was released I had a poll going between Apple Mail and Outlook. Now that it has been released for several months please take this new poll.

I understand that your answer all depends on the user, but would like to see what the majority has to say.

2. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I use Outlook...not happy with some of it's features and the lack of any major update since it was released.

3. mikey4020 macrumors regular

I use two!! Outlook for University email and calendar (Exchange) and Sparrow for my Gmail account.

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

There has been 2 updates.

5. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Mostly for security and stability....they haven't fixed my beefs with or added anything to Outlook.

6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

What's there to fix? M$ thinks it's perfect, atleast if you follow their stupid office4mac blog posts where they nonchalantly tell the hungry villagers that all the most desired features will come "first half of 20never, we promise."

I'm complaining chiefly about the lack of MobileMe calandar integration (which i'm also told is an apple issue, and I can appreciate this) but other stuff like removing OWA integration like it *was* in 2008 is just ludicrous.

It's sad that in 2011 I feel like i'm in an abusive relationship when back in the day it wasn't nearly this bad. Stuff didn't always work but that was just the nature of the beast.

7. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I use Apple mail... it just seems to work. I don't need hardcore email features that Outlook provides. It is a shame that Office 2011 isn't living up to expectations. I really don't get why Microsoft seem to find it so difficult to develop a Mac app which runs without lag and filling your documents folder with user data junk.

8. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

but there has been updates.

9. wayneholbrook thread starter macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

I was hoping for real updates not just security fixes (which is obviously needed). Updates that sync Ical, mobileme, the lag time, etc...I'm not quite sure why its taking so long. I liked the professional look of outlook and the flags and follow up features but I had to go back to mail because of the lack of sync with ical and mobileme.

10. boecherer macrumors newbie

3 pane view

And the lack of a 3-pane view (folders, message list, message) 3 across with single line for the message list is such a waste of space.

11. PKGuy323 macrumors newbie

I got Outlook 2011 for Mac and was SO disappointed in the lack of personal calendar syncing from Google(but it's coming.....when? ? ?) and it's overall slothfulness. It was turtle-slow in mail syncing and I was not impressed with it.

I thought I would really like the combination of email/calendar/address book in one interface over Apple's current separating app solution. Yet, even in Outlook, I had to click between the PIM choices so it really doesn't have any benefit.

Outlook isn't worth it IMO. When M$ starts to promise features to come that should have been there in the first place, I get worried. Remember the Zune?

So, back to Apple Mail/Calendar/Address Book. It just works better.

12. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

I use Outlook 2011, but it runs like crap compared to the windows version :mad:

13. tcador macrumors regular

I guess i'm one of the few that is actually satisfied with Outlook (and entire Office suite in general). Granted I don't need the syncing features to Google calendar and I can see that as being a limitation in it's current form for some users.