2011 refurb iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by REGGIENOBLE55, Feb 7, 2013.

1. REGGIENOBLE55 macrumors newbie

Hey I'm looking at making the switch from a Dell Desktop to a refurb 2011 iMAC. I would like to know if the 2011 iMAC is a good choice or should I wait? I have an IPAD2, IPAD 3,4s, Iphone 5, 4 Ipods and apple TV. I have 2 laptops that i can use for work. How long will it take to get adjusted if I do go with iMAC?

2. Oldmanmac macrumors 6502

Refurbs have the warranty as a new, so that's not a problem.

I believe there are hardware differences between 2011 & 2012 iMacs. You'd have to decide what you wanted.

3. rpg51 macrumors 6502

rpg51

The adjustment takes

awhile but it is definitely worth it. You can function fine right off the bat but there will be things that you are used to doing in windows that will be done differently on your mac and it just takes a while to internalize some different commands and such. Not a big deal.

4. Tofray macrumors regular

I just bought a used 2011 Mac a couple months ago, after using PC's exclusively for 20 years. It really only took me a couple weeks to figure out the differences. You have to force yourself to spend time at the computer even if it feels weird or frustrating.

The best thing I did was get the free ipad apps called SCOtutor for Mac and Mountain Lion. They are video tutorials that are fantastic...they break each segment into 1-5 minutes sessions, and they really help you get it down faster. The mac tutorial was free and the Mtn Lion was $4.99. Worth it, IMO. I would also recommend the magic trackpad over the mouse. Was way easier to manipulate the computer, using hand gestures.

Good luck...And btw, I love this mac and am kicking myself for not switching sooner!