2011 white Macbook updates?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by redrose1977, Oct 28, 2010.

1. redrose1977 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

First post here. Was going to buy an entry-level Macbook in the next couple of months (that is all I can afford), but was wondering whether it is worth waiting until next Spring for any updates?

Does anyone anticipate any CPU/GPU updates in the entry-level Macbook in 2011 that may be worth waiting for?

Thanks
    Mark

2. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I too am in the same boat as you.
    My main decision is whether to go for 4GB of RAM or save the £70.
    I'd hope they do upgrade the model. I've seen a few people speculating that the White MacBook will be discontinued.I hope this is not the case. I'd like to see a merge between the 13" Pro and White model, then have the Airs and the 2 Larger Pro models. I'd like 4GB RAM as standard and a price drop. I'm doubtful that the i3's will find their way into the 13", guessing they'll stick with C2D. Can they push the clock speed any further on the C2D's? Maybe to about 2.6/7 a little boost. Possible SSD and optical hard drive hybrid world be nice, it would theoretically allow for 'Fast booting' and 'Instant on' but also allow for the amount of memory available at a cheaper cost with the optical hard drives.
    Main things I want:
    4GB RAM
    Aluminium Unibody (Not gonna happen)
    SSD & Optical drive hybrid
    Processor boost.

3. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Hey! As and owner of a 9 month old late 2009 Macbook Unibody, I say go for it. The 2010 one is just as goos and better on battery life. The white looks stunning in person(sticks out from that snobby MacBook Pro crowd :p;)), its very strong, beautiful screen, light weight. I got mine stock(2GB RAM 250GB HD) but t upgraded the specs myself(now 4GB RAM and 500GB HD). The machine is a beast. I got mine from Apple.com. At the time MicroCenter was advertising a deal (just like they are now, for $799) and Apple.com Sales Rep(over the phone) price matched the $799 for me(stating they'd rather me buy it directly from Apple then anywhere else). So maybe they'll do the same for you!

I say go for it. I love it, plus like me you can bump your specs up! I daily use for my Photoshop needs, use the entire Adobe suite, MS Office, suites, the machine is a beast, so powerful. Get one and enjoy it.!

4. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I think I'm gonna try and hold out for a product refresh, at least my that time (on my student wage) I'll have got enough money to boost the RAM and get iWork pre-loaded. Looking forward to my first mac!

5. redrose1977 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

I'm thinking we should just designate a thread so these don't pop up every 5 nanoseconds

7. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

I agree.

8. laptoplover2 macrumors member

I say the same thing about my white MacBook, I mean there's like the whole world trying to get one of those MacBook Pros now, especially now that they have Core i5's, and then the poor MacBook is sitting here all alone, and yet I do crazy multi-tasking with mine that some people think is just lost, plus the gaming is great compared to my last few PCs. Then they say that the MacBook Pros are worth $200 more...

9. LaffertyBoon, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: May 21, 2011