2011 WORD: How to make capital letters a different colour?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by samvanzeeland, Jun 27, 2011.

1. samvanzeeland macrumors newbie

ok..... here are 2 things, i would be happy with either one being a possibility.

1. (probably not possible) i want to make a shortcut so that every time i hit the caps lock key, not only does caps lock come on but the writing goes red, so that all my caps lock writing is in red, then it would have to go back to black when i hit caps again....

2nd thing which may be a bit more realistic, is there a way to some how change all the cap lock letters in a word document to a different colour?

thank you in advance peoples :)

2. Hansr macrumors 6502a

1: Not possible without an external listener that executes and applescript to Word. It's possible but a lot of work.

2: Easy to do with VBA or Applescript. Check the help for the individual reference guides.

3. subH2Ochick macrumors newbie

I have tried creating this request as a macro and I can get the Red caps on, but you would need 2 macros. One for the red caps and one for the regular text. It is possible to create both of these and have them as permanent buttons on your tool bar or even create a quick key for them. Both of those options work. If you have Word2011 you will need to turn on your Developer tab on your ribbon. Word>Preferences>Ribbon and then scroll and select developer.

Macros record your keystrokes so it may take a while for you to get it right. PM me if you need help.

4. coops macrumors regular

I think you could also make a new style to give all caps in any colour/font/size you like within a paragraph.

go here to get an excellent document on "bending word to your will" - has lots of useful info on styles/templates etc and you can see how to create handy toolbars to the side of your Word to easily choose your styles etc... full of good advice.

http://word.mvps.org/mac/bend/bendwordtoyourwill.html