2012 11" MBA Offline Battery Life

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by mertyz, Aug 16, 2012.

1. mertyz macrumors regular

mertyz

It's me again! Decided to open a new thread about this, as there might be others wondering the same thing.

How long can the battery of 2012 11" i5 MBA last if the AirPort and Bluetooth are turned off, brightness of the screen is <50% and only a text editor and a browser (without Flash or any kind of video playback) is open?

I think this way it might be possible to get 7 hours of battery life instead of 5 hours. Am I right?

Thanks in advance! :)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It depends on what you have running. There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions:

3. mertyz thread starter macrumors regular

mertyz

Thanks for the link, it'll come in handy when I get my MBA in a few weeks :)

Though what I'm asking is, what's the upper-limit of its battery life when we do everything we can to lower the power consumption and run the applications I mentioned.

4. kierennyc macrumors regular

5. Pivs macrumors member

7 hours would be borderline miraculous (not saying it is impossible) based on my experience. I tend to get 4-5 hours. Albeit I am generally pushing my computer much harder than how you explained (running scientific calculations, video playback, games, etc.). Let me know if you manage 7 hours when you get it. I will definitely want to know your secrets. :)

6. mertyz thread starter macrumors regular

mertyz