2012 13" Air with 8gb ram arrived!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by J.L.Photography, Jun 18, 2012.

1. J.L.Photography macrumors 6502

New air just came! It's so amazing...

We set it up and it asked to migrate files, so we did via wifi... Upon completion of setup, it kept asking for a keychain password?

Then once in osX the files never transferred?

Any advice?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

When you transferred your files, I am assuming you used Migration Assistant and transfer your user account, right? If you did, did you log in back into your MBA with that ID?

3. kemo macrumors 6502a

kemo

IF you did transfer your Account you need to use the same password you did use before.

4. J.L.Photography thread starter macrumors 6502

well, what was weird is that during the middle of the setup of the AIR, it brought up the migration info, and i did use the same info... however, after everything finished, i hit ok or whatever and it took me back to the very beginning... language, location, etc.... then kept saying Appleidauthagent" keychain password... strange

i continued to hit cancel and moved on with the process, finally made it to OSx but without the files, which i then updated OSX and am now copying over manually via western digi HD....

setup a genius bar appt as were shopping sleeves just to check it out..

since were new to mac itll be just for answers really... we love the air, so fast!

5. dcorban macrumors 6502a

dcorban

I just helped my girlfriend use migration assistant today.

Once it is complete, you must log out (or restart) and log into your "old" account. All of your data will be there.

If you are manually copying it over after running migration assistant, you will have it duplicated on the hard drive, wasting space.