2012 13" cMBP bad video out

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Davy.Shalom, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Davy.Shalom macrumors 6502

Davy.Shalom

Hi, my 13" cMBP seems to have an issue with either the thunderbolt port to with the thunderbolt to VGA adapter. At very rare instances (once a week or so) the picture being displayed on the external monitor will spazz out. Sometimes it seems like there is a timing delay in the hsync and vsync signals and other times the behavior is totally undefined and there is weird gray stuff everywhere.

I have apple care. Will apple give me a logic board swap if I take it in or will they test and say that their test showed nothing and that nothing is wrong?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Well they will test it and replace it if there is something wrong and do nothing if they can't find anything wrong with it. From your description it seems like a problem with sleep or wake and compatability with your external screen (this happens sometimes with laptops and external screens).

Apple won't fix it unless there is a problem with your computer as far as I can tell there is no way you can say that there is a problem with your computer currently it is far more likely to be software and firmware related.