2012 13" MBA won't connect to the internet

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Amad3U5, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Amad3U5 macrumors member

At the beginning of the summer my MacBook Air stopped connecting to the Internet. It would appear to be connected with 4 bars, but when I try to load a webpage, it would stall for a few minutes then display the "Safari can't open the page" message.

I have tried EVERYTHING! I've trawled through multiple troubleshooting threads on MacRumors and Apple Support but nothing seems to work. I've tried deleting the network and re-adding it. I've tried renewing the DHCP lease. I've checked for proxies and firewalls. I've tried to access the internet through another application ("$ping http://www.google.com" returns "Unknown host"). I've tried resetting my router.

What's weird is that iStat Menus says that the task SystemUIServer is occasionally uploading and downloading a few kilobytes. Also, I can access my router's settings page (192.168.1.1).

I can access the internet from other devices fine, so I'm sure the problem is within the computer. However I have not tried accessing another network with the computer.

Anyway, I would really like some help here, as I'm completely dumbfounded.

2. calvol macrumors 6502a

3. Amad3U5 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you, but this didn't work.