2012 13" MBP w/ SSD i7 or 2012 13" MBA i7

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AdrainSingapore, Dec 3, 2012.

1. AdrainSingapore macrumors member

So reading this whole forum and the reviews from youtube has made me even more frustrated and I'm stuck between these 2 choices:
    1. 2012 13" MacBook Pro 128GB SSD 2.9 GHz Intel i7
    2. 2012 13" Macbook Air 128GB SSD 2.0 GHz Intel i7
    Both are BTO.
    I do not care about portability much as I do not bring my laptop out that often. I do not need to use most of the ports. What is splitting these 2 laptops is the performance. Looking at benchmarks, it shows that the 2.9 GHz is 12-16% better. I do not do any video editting or intensive stuff. The only intensive app I might ever run is Minecraft and some other flash games. Since they have the same GPU, shouldn't games on the MBA and MBP be almost the same? I browse the web for tech reviews, watch youtube, facebook, twitter and sometimes minecraft simultaniously.

2. haigie macrumors newbie

I think the MBP wins then really...
    No difference in price, my take on this is that the Air for portability. If it's sitting in your house majority of its life, then surely you'd want the extra oomph in processor - you're not doing anything to tax the machine presently, in 6 months time you might be. And if you're not, the MBP won't date as quickly...